December 14, 2010

Otherworldly

[Click to enlarge]
Ahh... So, recent influences have been making me want to refine my style of drawing....
Particularly Purgatory Kabuki and Bakuman. Purgatory is sooo pretty, even the monsters in it that are supposed to be ugly are pretty, and I noticed some video game character designers [Yoshitaka Amano, who did character design for the first 6 Final Fantasy games; the author for Purgatory Kabuki, Yasushi Suzuki, is a video game character designer too] have a style like in Purgatory Kabuki; and I like it a lot.
The artist for Bakuman also did Death Note and does Hikaru no Go. I read Death Note, never read Hikaru no Go, but I like the art in Bakuman more than in Death Note [Although those Shinigami were pretty awesome looking!]. It also helps that the story in Bakuman is so cute, I love Saiko and Shujin<3

Anyway, I decided since I really love the way both of those particular works look that I'd take influence from them. I just decided this recently, which is obvious since the above drawing looks just like how I normally draw. D| Progress is a slow moving mammal!!!
By the way, video game character design is a field I'd like to go into some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment